Juvenile charged in bomb threat
The Warren Sentinel
FRONT ROYAL — A Skyline High School student was charged last week with threatening to bring an explosive device to the school, according to a Warren County Sheriff's Office news release.
The unnamed juvenile was charged with threats to bomb, a class five felony, the release said. He was taken into custody at the Northwestern Regional Juvenile Detention Center.
Warren County Sheriff's Office School Resource Deputy Paul Brenner met Feb. 8 with Skyline High School administrators with regard to a student who allegedly discussed bringing explosive devices to the school later in the week, the release said.
The student was subjected to an emergency custody order for evaluation by mental health professionals after being questioned by Brenner, the release said. The Warren County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division was notified and the case was taken over by Investigator Jason Bates, the release said.
Warren County and Skyline high schools were searched by Warren County Sheriff's deputies during the evening, and nothing out of the ordinary was located, the release said.
The threat occurred about two weeks after Warren County High School student Caleb Sutphin was arrested and charged with placing a fake bomb on school grounds. Sutphin, 18, is being charged as an adult.